Thursday, January 01, 2009
the line between 2008 and 2009
What did you do in the last hour of 2008 and first hour of 2009? What did you do on the last day of 2008? What does 2008 mean to you? What does 2009 mean to you? Did you make any new year's resolutions? Why do people make new year's resolutions and most of them fail to keep them? What are some of the highlights in 2008 for you? Why does everyone like to watch new year's eve countdown, either on tv or on location? What makes the last day of the year so special? Did you fulfill your new year's resolutions in 2008? Do you remember what happened in 2007's new year's eve? In fact, do you remember much of 2007? Does every year feel the same to you?

Just curious. Please answer them as you would in essay or point form and e-mail to me. You have 30 minutes.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Fine, don't answer then.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting old. No new year's eve party for me (never fond of going to parties anyway). No longer terribly excited to meet new people (although it's a pleasant surprise when you meet someone new whom you can click with). But that's ok for me.

Watched "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" today with my brother. Quite an interesting show, and a good one to end the year with. I wonder how does it feel to live a life aging backwards.... If you're given a choice, would you like to live younger each day while everyone else is aging?

First day of 2009. For some it's the second day, while some probably still living in 2008. Ain't that funny? Wonder which time zone/countries is the last group to celebrate the start of 2009.

For me, the last thought before I go to bed is .... I thank God that I can spend the crossing of 2008 to 2009 with my family, although I do miss my friends in the far away land... Just want to thank my friends who has made all the past few years so special....and has become my pseudo family in a way. Hope you all know that I'm thankful and am thinking of you. If you're reading this, then you're probably one of the many that's touched me over the years.

Above all, to God be the glory who's made 2008 possible and a special year to me. I sure am looking forward to what He has in store for me in 2009....
 
posted by scatterbrain at 1/01/2009 05:34:00 p.m. |


0 Comments: