Sunday, January 02, 2005
New Outlook
This past year has been incredible. Looking back at 2004, it has really been a growing/learning experience for me. This is one year that I actually remembered most of the major things that happened. There were times when I fell and times when I soared; there were times when I cried and times when I laughed; there were times when I was in agony and pain, and times when I was elated; there were times when I felt rejected and times when I felt so loved; there were times when I felt misunderstood and times when I couldn't have asked for a better chemistry, and many more...

A passage came to my mind and I've decided it will be my theme passage this year:

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.
(Ecclesiastes 3:1-8)

The entire chapter (actually the entire book) describes the world today perfectly, but I guess I won't type them all out.

Anyway, coming to the original purpose of this post, that is, to pen down my new year's resolutions, before I forget them completely:
1. Be diligent in studying the word of God (I say this every year and yet every year I feel like I haven't done quite enough).
2. Read the bible everyday no matter how late it is or how tired I am. At least one chapter.
3. Spend my money wisely, and that I'll stick to the budget planning I've made for myself. I shall NEVER again, spend more than what I earn....unless it's an exceptional situation.
4. Be more sensitive to the needs of those around me, especially close friends and family, and be less of a clutz.
5. Be more bold and less blue.
6. And finally, to find a good Christian boy. Hahahahah....

Can't think of anything bright to add anymore.... Time to recharge my battery...
 
posted by scatterbrain at 1/02/2005 11:21:00 p.m. |


0 Comments: