Monday, January 01, 2007
Is it 2007 already???
The way our memory works is.... if you don't use it, you'll lose it...
I thought of blogging today since it's first day of 2007... and then to my horror, I can't remember my password.. Talk about getting old.... I'm sure it happens to all of you, right??
After some attempts, I finally got in. But now I'm not sure what was the password.. Anyway, why did I want to blog today? Just trying to exercise my brain. I read that the best way of preventing things like Alzheimer, or at least slowing the effects, is to use your brain. No wonder they encourage old folks to do stuff like mahjong..

Heard a horrible piece of news today. My flatmate was robbed in her house in Malaysia, either Friday or Saturday. The pathetic loser robbers emptied the house and snatched almost everything, and even took the dog I heard. What a sad world we live in.. Apparently the thieves came in a lorry and parked in front of the house and when the owner asked what were they doing, they claimed they were delivering tiger beer.. Not sure how they actually conned their way into the house, but it seems they must've threatened the family with some kind of weapons and tied the whole family up and robbed the house clean in 2 hours. Isn't that just one of the scariest thing you've heard? Imagine, this can happen to just about anyone around you, or it could very well be you... I am absolutely appalled...

What a way to end the year..
 
posted by scatterbrain at 1/01/2007 01:40:00 a.m. |


3 Comments:


  • At 5:50 p.m., Blogger scatterbrain

    A note of clarification: I just called my flatmate, and it turned out that the family wasn't home lah.. But the break in was true, and the damage was pretty bad. Not sure about the dog though... or the lorry or the tiger beer.. I have no idea how did my landlord get the story so wrong... Unless he was telling me someone else's story.. Or did I hear wrongly?

     
  • At 10:38 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous

    Yup, if you don't lose it, you lose it. I guess we should all be alert to signs of memory loss so we can remember to get help.

    That's scary what happened to your flatmate, but it's just another day in the cowboy state. Sometimes the things the crooks do seem to come straight from the big screen.

    About the landlord's confusion, did it occur to you that maybe he was in some way involved in the heist? Then again, maybe I've been watching too much CSI. Haha!

     
  • At 11:07 a.m., Blogger j

    Heh. You should title your post "Use it or lose it!" Heh...rhymes some more...