Thursday, August 30, 2007
Happy Birthday...
My dear friend,

You know who you are, so I won't elaborate... This post is dedicated to you, since I won't be there to wish you a Happy Birthday on the day itself... Ain't this a great motivation for you to read my blog?? I guess you probably do read, but maybe you're getting bored with my tardiness of updating my blog..

Sometimes when you're too close a friend with someone, you kind of take things for granted. I think sometimes I'm like that too. Forgive me if you ever feel that I take your friendship for granted. You're right. It's really funny how even though we're pretty much different in every way, and yet we share much in common. I don't know if our tastes for things just kind of merge after hanging out so much or we just have the common interests even though we are so different, but I do know that I feel extremely privileged to have you as my friend. I don't even remember how we became friends...It doesn't help that my memory is obviously deteriorating by the day... I remember when we asked you to teach us how to do mimes in preparation for mission trip to Japan a few years ago. I was thinking, gee, such cool things that you could do! Even then, I was impressed at how people like you could teach so naturally. In retrospect, I'm sure God knew that what good friends we would be to each other and how well we compliment each other when He brought us together.

Thank you for the great friend you have been to me. My favourite phrase for you is, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have known much about colours and colour coding and matching... You brought colours into my life! You brought the orange and yellow out of me. :)

Thank you for all the fashion tips and for all the information you think are useless but I find rather interesting. Although I must say... my sense of fashion is rapidly deteriorating without your guidance...

Thank you for all the scolding and nagging and encouragement because you cared, and for telling me the truth when I was out of line even when it hurt. I always think it takes more to be honest and point out the mistakes/problems then to just sit back and not do anything when you see something wrong, knowing full well that it's tough being the "bad guy". But you know what? That's one thing I appreciate the most about you; your strength in doing something that I can't.

Thank you for always taking the initiative to organise things and keeping things together, and for taking the time to care for others. I know it takes a lot out of you and even though sometimes you complain about it, you still do it because of your love for your friends and family and for God. I, for one, are one of those who really appreciate that effort.

I know the past few months have been really difficult for you. I know that sometimes you're trying to be all that you can be to your friends and family and students and everyone else and your strength fails you. You don't have to be all to all... We all have our weaknesses and threshold. Give yourself a break and rely on Him who gives you strength!

Love,

your coolest friend (almost) and also the most "blur"
 
posted by scatterbrain at 8/30/2007 11:06:00 p.m. |


0 Comments: