Saturday, April 28, 2007
Last weekend...


Went to the beach last weekend. The Sampsons and 2 other families went to Sihanouk Ville for a wedding and I tagged along. Sihanouk Ville is quite a popular destination for the Khmers for holiday. The beach! We had to stop the van on the way there because one of the tires gave way! A huge chunk of the rubber came off and we were all alarmed by the "thud" sound. Good thing the spare tire was in place...

It was a nice break from the heat... For the most it was pretty good, since we had air-conditioned rooms! It was so hot and the sun looked like it could fry many eggs that I decided not to swim... Not to mention that I have yet to buy my own sunblock. I weighed the options between fun and sunburn... I chose to stay under the shades... But it was pretty nice to walk along the beach in the early morning with Date and Madelyn. Originally we intended to catch the sunrise but woke up a little too late... because we played Big 2 until past midnight... So we only caught the mosquitoes instead... Hahaha.... That was the only other thing I didn't quite appreciate... As I was listening to my ipod nano and enjoying the lovely views of the sea, there were the annoying mozzies following us.... Kinda spoiled the fun....

I was kind of shocked when I discovered that I started peeling on the way back on Sunday. On my ears! I was like... what the? I didn't go under the sun very much and I didn't even go swimming! Could the sun be so powerful that my ears got burned even when I was in the shades?? Then I realised maybe it was because I was burned by the iron bar thingy a few times when Date was trying to do my hair for the wedding dinner.




Speaking of the dinner, it was one of most bizarre wedding dinner I've ever attended. They painted the bananas silver and gold!?! Lots of weird people at the dinner.. It was the wedding of the DM (dive masters) that the family had for diving trips. Mind you, they weren't Khmers. Dutch and British. Real interesting people at the dinner. Divers, (most of whom I know) drink beer like water and smoke like a chimney. We had to tell the waiters and waitresses a few times that "No, thank you, we don't need beer here". I was quite glad when they said, "ok, let's go. Eli needs to sleep. He's tired". Eli (Elijah) is this cute boy of Marc and Ann, also volunteer staff of RDI. He's really cute and good looking but rather shy. I'm trying to get him to warm up to me so I can play with him. Not doing a very good job, though..

 
posted by scatterbrain at 4/28/2007 01:23:00 p.m. |


0 Comments: