Friday, July 29, 2005
Dreams
Dreams don't quite make sense sometimes. It's funny how when you're in your dreams, it all made sense, but when you wake up and happen to remember the dreams, they don't make much sense. I guess it's probably because we can only remeber bits and pieces, and so they seem disjointed.

I still remember a strange dream I had from last week. I was back in my house in my home town. Not really the house, but the alley in front of my house. For some reason, my grandma and I and maybe one more person were walking down the alley. It was a dead end, and we were going to the last house at the end of the alley. I dont' know who we were visiting, but we ended up in someone's house. I fell asleep on someone's bed and the sky turned dark and came a heavy rain. Suddenly awakened, I found someone crouching by the door, as if trying to open the door but couldn't. It was my grandma. Suddenly felt very sad to see her all curled up in that position. So I went and tried to help her and realised something funny. She was fading off and I couldn't see her clearly. I thought to myself, "This is bad. I better get her to bed". Then I carried her to the bed and we both got into bed. I remember thinking how nice it was to be able to hug her to sleep. Then the dream kind of ended. I woke up remembering what my aunt said about how grandma went to hide at a corner in the hospital after she had a blood transfusion. She didn't want to stay in the hospital and wanted to go home. It was a close call and they thought she wouldn't make it. I cried, silently, when I heard that and wished that I was there. There's no doubt that she's at a far better place now.

I guess I just miss her. Wish I could give her a hug now.
 
posted by scatterbrain at 7/29/2005 07:47:00 a.m. |


1 Comments:


  • At 10:55 p.m., Blogger Alex

    It's obvious that you still miss your grandma. I guess it's natural for you to see her in a dream like that.

    I always get spooked the more mundane my dreams are. That's when I wonder if I'm in a parallel universe and can't figure out reality.