Friday, February 10, 2006
My obssession with Achilles...
Ok, ok, I'm not really obssesed with my Achilles, but it's quite fascinating to know how our bodies work...

I guess it's not difficult to accept that I've yet again ruptured my achilles tendon, another one, that is. I'm just trying hard to understand what is it that God wants to tell me. Perhaps I've missed it the first time. Hahahaha....

Life's been interesting. Not that many things actually happened, but it is really amazing how certain things are repeated to you by different people at almost the same time... Guess it's really not a coincidence. This is certainly a good time for me to let my thoughts settle down (?)

讓我的思緒沉澱

Anyway, back to my story. Haha.. Went to see the doctor today. It's now back to my previous orthopaedic. So confusing. What happened to the one I first saw? Apparently both of them operated on me. I'd have liked to see what a ruptured achilles tendon looks like. Just curious. For those who're interested, the repair surgery is something like sewing them back together the two ends of the ruptured tendon. Apparently some material is applied to make the sewing stronger. I think I have the exact same repair done for both feet.

Got my full cast today. Fiberglass. Cool. Time for some talented artists to start drawing on it. I'm looking forward to seeing some cool design...

One thing that amazes me is... it seems like there're a lot more people that I expected who're concerned about my injury. Maybe I didn't really take note. This will be a good time to count my blessing and note down all those who's encouraged me. They'll become part of my precious memory collection. I've always thought that I can never repay the goodness that people's shown me. And now with this, it seems I'll be forever in debt.. But I guess I should receive all the good intention with grace. They're afterall God's gifts to me at this time. My only regret is that my friends will have to suffer for while for the next few months. So, to all my friends... let me give you a hearfelt thanks for all the good things that you have done (and will do, hahahahah) for me, whether it's small or big. If you don't mind, I can give you a hug. Heh.

Oh, perhaps I can cut nails for you, or massage for you, (if I can find a good position to prop my leg up).
 
posted by scatterbrain at 2/10/2006 09:35:00 p.m. |


0 Comments: